Monday, March 13, 2006

Full days

Full. That's the best word I know to describe my life right now. Sometimes, it's a little too full, like this weekend. Margin is good because it makes room for thinking and resting and just being. But I didn't have much margin this weekend.

Friday was full and I think I successfully negotiated my first commercial contract. I also completed 5 hours of post-licensing class requirements (half-way there!) and attended my first office party. It was a very good day.

Saturday was a full ministry day: three half-time devotions at Upward, coaching Seth's team, showing 4 houses, a graveside service, speaking at PowerHouse and spending some time with one of our house church leaders. I was pleasantly surprised to see my brother Eddie Saturday morning and appreciate him driving 4 hours to see Seth play for an hour. If you read this Eddie - thank you! A day full of joy, full of the Spirit, full of blessings, full of Jesus, full of LIFE.

We had brunch this morning with dear friends and neighbors, Dennis & Julie. Then my first open house. It went very well and there was a lot of traffic. No offers, but traffic is good. On to a repeat house showing that may end up in an offer to purchase. If it does, great. It's a cool house that I think they would be happy in. If it doesn't that's fine because I really want to see this couple get the best house possible. Then on to the Cub Scout den meeting, for which I was very late. Some friends on the BGSU football team spent time with the boys, Coach Brandon gave them a tour of the Fieldhouse, and then we went to DQ. Then I was full of ice cream!

After talking with Kim (who is an amazing gift from God!) I decided to take Wednesdays as my Sabbath, starting this week. I'm sure it's overdue and I'm looking forward to it.

Full. For the most part, it's a great feeling.

Today's N-Cite: More than anything, I want to stay full of the Spirit, full of grace and truth, full of love. That's the only way all the other fullness will have significance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home