Sunday, March 05, 2006

Art and Value


The weekend has been good. Upward basketball yesterday morning, then a shopping trip to Elder Beerman. It’s been a long time since I’ve bought any clothes and needed to get some dress shirts. Fortunately, there was a big sale so I got some good deals. With the 40-50% discounts, the prices were only 1/3 more than they should be all the time!

Today I fixed French toast for breakfast and we played games most of the morning. Then I got some work done on a funeral I’m speaking at tomorrow before we went to the Maumee Valley Country Day School today to see Seth’s snowman project on display at the NW OH Youth Art Exhibit. It was a neat event and we had a nice time.

I had some training at the office Friday afternoon and the speaker told us that ultimately every purchase (houses, cars, clothes, etc.) is emotional. At first I didn’t agree, but the more he talked the more convinced I became. It’s kind of funny how good it feels to wear a new shirt! I guess that’s OK as long as that feeling doesn’t lead to more buying just to get that feeling again.

From there we went to Lily’s first birthday party and thoroughly enjoyed simply being with friends and celebrating life together. Seth, Shani and the other kids enjoyed playing pin the tail on the donkey and one of my friends volunteered me for the position, saying I would make a good ass. I'm sure that there would be more widespread agreement with that statement than I'd care to admit. It feels good to laugh!

I also worked for a while, getting the final details ready for all the marketing that needs to be done for my first listing. It’s a little surprising how much paperwork is involved, but the more time I spend with it the more familiar I am getting with everything. The house goes on the market this week and I’ll have my first open house next Sunday afternoon.

I got a short nap and enjoyed the evening at home, until the kids went to bed. Then I spent a few hours playing cards with friends and it was cool since I was getting great cards. We talk a lot with the kids at Upward about enjoying the game, but the truth is that it is always more fun when you’re winning!

Today’s N-Cite: I’m glad that we’ve been bought with a price that wasn’t discounted and was willingly paid by the ultimate Artist and Creator of all that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home