Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Balance

Last Sunday morning I made it to the nursing home right after Loan died. I’m glad she is with Jesus now. As Psalm 116:15 says, “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.” The funeral is tomorrow and I just finished the message. God is so good to give the words He knows people will need to hear. It was also nice to talk with some good Christian friends at the funeral home tonight after not seeing them for a long time.

I had the privilege of speaking at a Methodist Church last Sunday morning and it was a lot of fun. They have one contemporary service each month, and I really enjoyed the quality and spirit of their band.

Yesterday we found out that Seth has been selected to participate in a special NW OH Youth Art Display at Maumee Valley Country Day School. He loves art and I’m so happy that he has been encouraged by this award and that he has such a good art teacher.

It’s been a busy two days at work, and I’m excited. Tomorrow I have two important appointments. One is with a family whose house will be my first listing, and another is with potential buyers. I also received a call today that I hope will result in my first commercial client! I have a lot to learn but am getting all the help I can from a great office manager.

I like the fast pace of the last couple of days, but I’m struggling a little to keep everything balanced. It sure was good to play catch with Seth and wrestle with him and Shani tonight.

It’s almost midnight, so I’m going to get ready for bed. Tomorrow is a big day with the funeral and work appointments.

Today’s N-Cite: The rewards of obedience are worth far more than any sacrifice we could ever make. I love walking with Jesus!

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Randy and Connie Harris said...

Walk on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home