Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Hospitals & Healing

It has been a long day. I spent most of it at the hospital and was blessed to see my friend, Ed, minister to a family that is really hurting. He is an awesome priest and he had great sensitivity and discernment today.

Please pray for my friends as they say goodbye to a wife and mother who is in her early 30’s. Unless God intervenes, she will be going to heaven soon. The last two years she has been suffering and her family has demonstrated selfless service in caring for her. Pray for her children who are in the 5th and 6th grade, her husband, parents, sisters and brothers.

While I was at the hospital, I ran into some other people I know who were there for various reasons and it occurred to me again that every day of the year and in every country there are people who are suffering physically. In fact, Kim woke up very early this morning with a severe back ache. When we prayed for her tonight, she was instantly set free from the pain. What a faith-builder!

I don’t know why God heals some and not others, and this has often caused me to be very frustrated. Today as I wrestled with that - again - I was able to affirm that though I don’t understand the mystery of God, I know that His love is the most powerful force in this universe and that He is good. I can't let my faith be shaken when God doesn't do what I want Him to do.

The PowerHouse leadership team came over for dinner tonight and their words from the Word, along with their prayers and rich conversation were a breath of fresh air and provided some much needed perspective. I thank God for Kim, Mike, Chris, Ed & LouAnn.

I also spent a couple of hours today with Sondra, the manager of our office. She gave me a lot of information to learn and now we’re getting down to the basics of the business. The other agents have been most helpful and encouraging and I am very fortunate to work with them. I have a lot to learn but believe that God is going to open many doors for me to share the love of Jesus with colleagues and future clients and customers.

It was an emotionally draining day but God poured into me tonight even more than I had spent during the day. I was reminded by LouAnn of the importance of resting in Christ and being still before Him. I’ve been neglecting that stillness lately and plan to start my day tomorrow with some intimate time in the presence of Jesus.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Randy and Connie Harris said...

New territory, same God! Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home