Thursday, March 02, 2006

Unity

Psalm 133:1 says, “How good it is when brothers live together in unity.” I love that verse for a lot of reasons. I know how much I need other people; we were made for community. And I know how blessed my life is when there is real unity (and that’s more than the absence of open conflict.)
This week has been one of unity. I was privilege to share responsibilities for a funeral with the new pastor of my former church, who has been a friend for a long time. It was really cool to serve with him in unity.
I’m also enjoying unity with my new colleagues at work who are celebrating a pretty amazing week with me. Yesterday I got my first listing contract AND my first buyer’s contract. (Praise God!) It was pretty sweet to pray with the sellers and testify to the buyers. Kingdom of God stuff happening every day in the marketplace! Tomorrow I meet with what I hope will become my first commercial property client, and another buyer is planning to sign a contract to make me their exclusive agent on Saturday. My friend and one of my real estate mentors has invited me to co-list a property with him next Monday and next Wednesday I am meeting with another potential client and hope to leave that meeting with a signed contract.
This has been a totally awesome week! As a friend from Troy, OH (Mike Lyons) reminded me: Seek first God’s kingdom and everything else will be added. (Matthew 6:33) I’m seeking and He’s adding – always true to His Word!!
This morning my friend Gary’s dad died and I arrived about five minutes after he took his last breath. (I wasn’t able to drop everything and run when he called because I had the privilege of fixing steak and eggs for breakfast for Dave and Mark and Kevin. What a great way to start the day!) It was an honor to pray with them and we all sensed the very real presence of Jesus in that hospital room. Please pray for all of us as we prepare for the funeral that will be on Monday.
To add even more blessing to my already overflowing cup, our house church gathering tonight was simply amazing. We laughed so hard I could hardly catch my breath. We experienced the presence of the Holy Spirit so strongly, learning deep truths from God through each other, that it nearly took my breath. These people are honest. They’re authentic. They’re committed to God and each other. And we are united. How good it is!

Today’s N-Cite: God speaks to me very loudly through other people – especially people like Julie George, who is one of the most Spirit-filled and gifted teachers I have ever met. I thank God for her influence on our family, our house church, and on our entire community. Thanks for letting Jesus live through you, Julie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home