Saturday, October 28, 2006

With the Falcons in Philly

I was honored to travel with the BGSU Falcons to Philadelphia, where they played Temple University today. Though the team was very disappointed with their performance (Temple broke a 20 game losing streak today), I had some great opportunities to share the love of Jesus with players, coaches, the team doctor, video crew, trainers, and cheerleaders.
I was very impressed with the level of professionalism involved in a Division 1 football program. Every aspect of the trip was smooth - bus ride, flight, hotel accommodations, excellent meals, and a great camaraderie. I spoke at 7:30 this morning at the chapel service about living a life with no compromises and total obedience. I used the OT example of Achan and related how partial obedience is still disobedience, and the actions of one impact all of us. I also shared a few verses from Deuteronomy 28, which spells out a lot of wonderful blessings for obedience. One of the players, "K.B." helped me by sharing a wonderful testimony of how God had rewarded his obedience this week. He went on to have a great game, making three key catches on 3rd downs. The coaches and players all love and respect this senior captain, and he has blessed my life greatly.
I'm home now and tired, but very, very happy to be with my family again. I was only gone two days, but the more time I'm spending with them, the more I look forward to being at home. I am blessed beyond measure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home