Sunday, September 17, 2006

An Intense Day

Today was quite a ride. I got up early and went for a nice run with Mark. As usual, the miles passed quickly as we discussed some Scriptures. Then I met a new Christian for a time of discipleship at a coffee shop at 8:30. Just after 9:00, the BGPD called and asked if I could assist them with an apparent suicide. I immediately went to the address and will never forget what I saw - both the deceased and the indescribable grief of his family. It angered me to see the results of Satan's deception in such graphic detail. I think the cries of his mother must have resembled Jesus weeping over Jerusalem before his crucifixion.
From there , I left to speak at Rudolph Christian Church, where three churches had joined for a special service. Though my mind was racing with a thousand thoughts, God calmed my soul and anointed the message. From there I went back to see the boy's family, then on the cemetery to assist with a prayer service marking the birthday of another student (Jeff) who committed suicide earlier this year. I read some verses from Isaiah 43 and reminded the students and family that God is on our side.
From there we went to a friend's pond to baptize Jeff's twin brother and mother. Since his death, they have come to know Jesus and it was a wonderful celebration.
It was a beautiful day and I was blessed to ride the motorcycle to Perrysburg for a counseling appointment before spending the rest of the evening at home.
It's now almost 10:30 and I'm pretty tired. It's a good tired, and as emotionally difficult as today has been, I am grateful for the privilege of being Christ's ambassador in BG and NW OH.
Please pray for the family of the young man who took his life, and for my friend Fr. Ed Schleter who will be conducting the funeral. And pray that the lies of the Enemy will not result in any more deaths in our community.

3 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger beth said...

An intense day, indeed! God is teaching you many things, but of more importance is His willingness to have you feel His heart....Have a Jesusful day..."Beth" Childers

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read through some of your blog, and I'm thankful that Angie F. directed me to it. I first met you while I was working at YES FM, and I've always heard awesome things about you, and how God has used you. Today has been an "intense" day for me as well in many ways, and your insights...excuse me...your N-Cites have been refreshing to me. Thanks for allowing God to use you Scott. I'd be interested in coming to the Thursday Night gatherings you have at your house if it's alright... Feel free to stop by my blog as well: www.craig21.blogspot.com

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Craig,
Thanks so much for writing. I would love to have you and your family join us for worship on Thursday. Email your phone number to me at sestep@wcnet.org and I'll give you a call!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home