Tuesday, August 22, 2006

1st Day of School

Last night, Seth was so excited about the first day of home school that he could hardly get to sleep! And the activites of today were everything he had hoped they would be. Kim is an amazing mother and gifted teacher, and it was good to see her enjoying the experience.

After taking some time off to rest a sore knee, it felt good to run again this morning. It also felt good to get up while it was still dark and make the most of the day. After our office meeting, I conducted a funeral and enjoyed the privilege of sharing a message of hope with the unusually large crowd that was gathered. I trust that God will continue to draw people to Himself and remind them of the truth of His love.

I came home after the funeral dinner to watch Seth & Shani while Kim took Virginia back to the doctor. We had hoped that she would no longer need to wear the neck brace, but after telling her she was lucky that she wasn't paralyzed, the doctor said she needed to wear it four more weeks. We had a good prayer time with her and I am confident that God will provide all the grace she needs as she continues to heal.

School was still in session when I got home, so I had a reading lesson and started boot camp, aka phys ed. We started out with push ups and sit-ups, then went for a walk and bike ride. The little angels are sound asleep now, and I'm sure that the activity helped! I look forward to what God has in store for all of us this year!

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Randy and Connie Harris said...

Sounds good to me! May God bless the school year at The Estep School of Higher Learning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home