Sunday, August 06, 2006

1 Year

One year ago today I resigned at BG Naz. In some ways it feels like yesterday. In other ways it feels like a lifetime ago. I've reflected a lot over the last few days. I am more certain than ever about a few core issues of life and at the same time less certain about more things in general. For example, I continue to be certain about:

  • My need of and love for Jesus
  • The call of God on my life to proclaim His Word
  • The priceless gift of family and friends and my need of them
  • The conquering nature of love

About today...
This morning I was blessed to speak to several members of the BGSU football team. Training camp started this week and for the next two Sundays we will be worshiping together. Awesome! Please pray for the Christians on the team to influence their teammates and coaches for Christ.

I had a good open house this afternoon with several visitors. I hope this property sells quickly!

Our neighborhood's annual summer picnic was tonight. Chris and the band (Exit 179) provided the first-ever live music at the summer party and they were a big hit. It was special for two of my relational worlds to come together tonight.

All in all it's been a remarkable year. I am extremely grateful for everyone I have had the privilege of sharing this journey with in the past. I'm overwhelmingly blessed by the people in my life today, and I am filled with great expectation for the future. As my pastor in Youngstown used to say, "The future is as bright as the promises of God." I see why Huey Lewis felt the need to wear shades!

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Randy and Connie Harris said...

It doesn't seem like a year. It seems like a much longer time. As I said to you all a year ago,"Onward and Upward!"

I believe you & Kim understand this: "...walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

Don't let anyone or anything mess with your peace! Jesus bore the chastisment of your peace so you could have peace. That peace belongs to you. Grab hold of it and don't ever let it go!!!! Amen?

Somebody needs to hear this today. If you are reading this and you are not Scott. Embrace the word of the Lord today and get set free as you read this. In the name of Jesus! Be free and be made whole!

Thank you Lord for Your supernatural PEACE!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Amen! Thanks for your encouraging words from the Word. We've learned a lot this year about abiding in Christ and are enjoying His peace more than ever before. What a ride!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home