Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Live the Life; Tell the Story

It’s hard to believe that Shani will be 5 years old tomorrow! She sure is growing up fast. Going to the zoo with Macee was Shani’s one birthday request, so I worked this morning and we spent the afternoon at the Toledo Zoo with Dilbones. My parents were planning to join us but due to sickness their visit has been delayed.
As usual, much of our conversation with Chris & Sara was about what God is doing in our lives and what we are learning. In a conversation Chris & I had last week, the phrase “Live the life; Tell the Story” surfaced and that’s given me more clarity about the responsibility we all have as followers of Jesus. I like the simplicity of it and I am very eager to have more stories to tell about how Jesus is changing lives.
I’m also praising God for getting an accepted offer on a challenging property last Friday and for a new listing that I should be completing this week. Throughout the day Saturday, I met with three clients and we all had church together – sharing testimonies, challenges and powerful prayer. I really am enjoying life these days!
After a nice long run with Mark early Sunday morning, I had the opportunity to speak again in Bradner at a small church that is not likely to be around much longer in its present form. I shared a little about the house/simple/organic church we are enjoying and the people there want to know more. After lunch at home, I met with a couple of clients and had a great time leading a Bible study with several Falcon football players. I was pretty tired heading into that time together but left energized and refreshed.
Monday was also a full day and started out with the privilege of praying with Mike & Chris. God is continuing to draw us to Himself and to each other, and I’m excited about the future. I had lunch with a senior at BGSU who has asked me to be his mentor. I anticipate sharing life with Michael and learning with and from him.
Though my knee is pretty sore, I got in a nice 5-mile run this morning before meeting Tim at the office for our first office prayer time. It wasn’t long but it was certainly encouraging and I look forward to other agents joining us in the future.
As I type this, the ribs are in the oven and I look forward to grilling them as the church gathers tomorrow night. It’s good to celebrate Shani’s birthday with people who love us and are pursuing the kingdom of God together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home