Monday, June 26, 2006

God stuff


I had a great trip to CA for Brin’s wedding. He’s a pretty amazing guy who has taught me a lot about unconditional love. The weather was awesome and the whole trip was smooth, from the flights to the rental car to the hotels to the cool people I met.
I got a call on Saturday from a friend who invited me to speak at his church so I’m looking forward to ministering at Christ’s Church on July 9.
I got home Sunday morning, took a nap then help an open house. Last night we went to the BG City Park and heard a great band that played big-band era music. It was relaxing and enjoyable and we ran into some friends we haven’t seen for a while. We ended up talking and going out for ice cream. It was great to get caught up and celebrate answered prayer in each others’ lives.
The time difference and all-night flight caught up with me so I slept in today. It felt good to not feel guilty about getting the rest I needed. When I got to the office, I received a call this morning and will be listing another house so it was a fruitful day. It was cool to realize that while I was sleeping, God was working!
Kim hosted a Mary Kay party at our house tonight (which I volunteered her to do, breaking a very important rule in our house) so I played outside with Seth, Shani & Macee. Seth and I enjoyed several games of cornhole (that I got for Father’s Day).
When the party was over, church started with the Mary Kay ladies! We shared our faith stories and talked a lot about what it means to be the church. I think God is going to open some major doors for advancing His kingdom through the bonds that were strengthened tonight.
One thing I’m learning now is that Matthew 6:33 is really true. When we seek first God’s kingdom, everything else has a way of taking care of itself. I don’t know how or when God is going to take care of a few things in our lives but there is not a doubt in my mind that He will.
I have a very full day tomorrow and we’re leaving for NJ tomorrow evening. I hope to blog some while I’m gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home