Thursday, May 18, 2006

Payday!


This picture of our beautiful daughter was taken at Steve's graduation and posted on McCormick Seminary's web site. I thought you would enjoy it.

Business
Much has happened since I last blogged. Three real estate deals fell through last week and I got a taste for why people quit. Though I did get discouraged, I’m not quitting because I know God is our Provider and I know He is using me in this exciting position.
Today I got my first paycheck as a real estate agent! The deal was completed back in April, but the owner of the building my client leased was very slow in making the payment. I won’t be overly eager to work with him again.
I also received a check from a fellow agent. I was blessed to negotiate a purchase offer for one of his clients while he was on vacation and it closed this week. Though neither check is large, it is a welcome start to what I believe is going to be a very good first year of business.

Personal
I started running more consistently and it really feels good. I ran almost 5 miles this morning and look forward to going again tomorrow. For the first time in a long time I feel like I’m getting back to a new and improved version of my old self, and it feels really good.
We look forward to seeing family this weekend as my dad receives an honorary doctorate from Mt. Vernon Nazarene University. I’m sure I’ll have a lot more to say about that in a few days.

Ministry
I have been asking God for more opportunities to preach and doors are opening. I will be speaking the next three Sundays (Assembly of God, Episcopal and Methodist churches) and had a blast speaking for a few minutes at the BNI (Business Network International) group that meets on Tuesdays. Though it wasn’t a “sermon” I felt the power of God to speak. I really enjoy the group of 31 business professionals and look forward to building relationships with them. Ministry is continuing with the BG Police (I went with an officer to make death notification this week) and PowerHouse is growing. I am confident that several new churches are going to be birthed this year and that is very exciting! I don’t have the words to describe how much Life we are experiencing on Thursdays with the church that meets at our house. We are looking forward to a seminar on June 10 that will be a great opportunity for learning more about organic/simple church ministry. Great days are ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home