Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter

“He is risen!”
“He is risen, indeed!”
I love that greeting and response on Easter Sunday! Today has been a wonderful celebration of Jesus’ resurrection. In fact, this has been a very good weekend all-around.

Friday afternoon I started taking all of Tim’s calls so he can get a much needed and well deserved vacation. He is a busy agent, and within the first hour I was blessed to be doing some significant work. That was a taste of what the weekend would have in store, with a full day Saturday complete with two offers (one accepted, one in process) and a third offer supposed to be coming on Monday. WOW!

Friday afternoon I was blessed to participate in the Community Good Friday service. It was encouraging to be with a wide variety of believers. Friday night (as is becoming our custom) we ate a Q’Doba, a great Mexican restaurant in BG. We’ve been going there with friends for a few weeks. The food is terrific and the owner, Nadia, is always happy to see us. Following the meal, everyone (plus Tom & Shirley, John & Donna) came over to watch Chronicles of Narnia. Kim and I saw it in a theater at Easton in Columbus in December and our kids have watched it several times since we got the DVD. It was really cool to hear the insights people had into the spiritual applications of the movie. It was a great way to spend Good Friday evening, and to be reminded of Jesus’ sacrifice for us.

Saturday was a whirlwind. I showed a home and wrote an offer at 9:00, spent time with the kids at an Easter eggstravaganza at BG Naz, worked all afternoon, mowed the lawn for the first time this year, then went to see “Jesus is Alive” at Dayspring Assembly of God. They have been doing this production for several years and this year was especially powerful. There is a song sung by Peter called, “I Denied Him” that hits me really hard. It made me truly sorry for all of the ways I have sinned. The director is a good friend of mine and I was very happy for the excellent job he did and the impact the production had on everyone who attended one of their multiple performances. I had more work to do after the drama/musical, and got home pretty late.

This morning I woke up at 5:30 praying for my brothers and for myself. I have to admit that I was a little nervous since I haven’t been preaching as often. But Kim reminded me that God is not out of practice and I felt relieved. We worshiped today at a park in BG and the wooded setting was beautiful. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot, God spoke clearly to me and clarified the message. Chris, Mike and I set up the room and then I went to pick up a family from Sri Lanka (Buddhists) and our friend Zakiya (a Muslim from Uzbekistan). This was their first Christian worship experience and it was powerful. Chris & Kim led us in a musical celebration. Mike, who is always led by God’s Spirit, led us in prayer and encouraged others to share. Several people testified, and there was a jubilant atmosphere. I felt great about the sermon and communion and Ryan sharing his mission trip experience. He went to Panama City Beach, FL to share the gospel over spring break. God is doing and will do great things through Ryan’s life.

We had a delicious potluck, Mark & Brenda did a great job with the children (egg hunt and crafts) and it was a wonderful day. Kim and I were talking and agreed that it was the best Easter service we have ever participated in. It was simple. It was highly participatory. It was real. And it was unquestionably led by Jesus, who is the Head of the Church.

He is risen!
He is risen, indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home