Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Dr. Estep


Yesterday my twin brother became Dr. Steve Estep. We were blessed to join his family, my sister, my parents and a couple of ladies from Steve's church to celebrate. I got to see McCormick Seminary in Chicago where he spent nine weeks of his life over the last three years. Needless to say, it was a very proud moment for all of us to see the seminary president confer the degree upon him.

We now have two Dr. Esteps in the family (our older brother Eddie earned a Doctorate of Ministry at Asbury Theological Seminary) and in less than two weeks our father will receive an honorary doctorate from the alma mater of his four chilren and two daughters-in-law - Mt. Vernon Nazarene University. As you can see, it's a pretty big month for the family.

Education is a wonderful thing. I'm grateful for teachers and authors who invest so much in our lives. Without demeaning the tremendous accomplishment of obtaining a degree, I'm also grateful for the many people in my life who will never be recognized formally but continue to be life-long learners, mentors, teachers and fellow travelers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home