Friday, May 05, 2006

New Life

My heart is full today! Yesterday was a remarkable day in every way. My family is great, the ministry is thriving, and business is moving.

I wrote an offer on a house with a new client yesterday afternoon, and a new listing I have is getting a lot of activity. I believe we will have at least one offer to consider by the end of the weekend! The prayer time I’ve had with both of these clients has been powerful as we seek the will of God together.

I find it hard to put last night's baptismal celebration into words. There were a lot of people at our house – I don’t know how many for sure, but cars were lined up all the way down our street. It was quite a parade as people carried in tons of food for the feast. Several family members, teammates, and even coaches from BGSU came. It was fun to watch our house church in action – cooking, mingling, serving, and just generally loving on people. The testimonies were powerful and the Spirit of God led our time together.

It was very moving to include others in the baptisms. Rob’s grandfather (about 77 years old) is a vibrant man of faith and testified to praying for his grandson when he was born. It was cool to have him baptize his grandson! Andy Grubb (former Falcon football starter and current campus minister with H20 Church) assisted in baptizing Joe and Rob. He has had a big impact on Rob’s life. Another current player, Jon, also helped baptize Joe. Cornelius’ dad helped baptize him, and the priesthood of believers functioned like it should! It was a lot of fun to tell Corn that God had used him to initiate the whole thing a few weeks ago when he said he wanted to be baptized. God is really doing some great things in his life and it is a joy to watch.

When we were putting Seth and Shani to bed last night, Shani asked, “When can I be baptized?” Seth told her that she probably needed to wait until she was 6 or 7, but she said she thought she would like to be baptized when she is 5. She knows that she loves Jesus and she wants other people to know it, too. I praise God that our children are sensitive to His voice and have a desire at an early age to let Jesus live his life through them.

This promises to be a wonderful weekend – and will be very busy. I am doing three open houses – one on Saturday and two on Sunday. I hope to get some more business there, and it would be really good to get some offers on my other listings.

Last night I was reminded by the body of Christ that the old Scott is dead and the new Scott is very much alive in Christ. I'm enjoying the abundant life promised by the risen Christ whose blood cleanses my sin and makes me more than a conqueror today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home