Tuesday, July 18, 2006

17 years and counting

Kim and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary Saturday. She is a precious gift from God and we had a really good day. We all watched our wedding video for the first time in years and I almost cried! I'm getting pretty soft, but I think that's a good thing. Since we're in a heat wave, we went to the pool then had some awesome steaks on the grill and enjoyed the evening at home with friends.
Sunday morning Dilbones & Lyons came over for brunch and worship. We enjoyed a great meal, singing, and praying together for the future of the house church movement in our region. We all have lots of questions, but we sense that it is time to seek God more diligently. As we do so, I am confident that we will gain clarity.
I showed a few houses in the afternoon and since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped by to see Grimms. I was thrilled to hear that Kevin has become a Christ-follower and we enjoyed a great time of fellowship.
Work was a little aggravating yesterday. An important client (a bank) has a filter system on their email that wouldn’t let me get through. I spent most of the day working on a solution and nothing worked.
Last night we really enjoyed having the Reds and their families at our house for an end-of-the-season pizza party. It was fun to watch the children play and to talk about life with the other dads. We talked about religion and politics and work and it was pretty cool. A couple people said we should get together again, so we plan to schedule another time to hang out.
I had a full day today. It started out with a nice run with Mark, who had a great idea of how to fix my email dilemma. When I got to the office, I did what he suggested and I think we’ve found a solution. We toured 7 new listings (one was mine), then I made it to BNI, a business network that I am enjoying more all the time. Then I met with a middle-aged couple who is getting married. The pastor who was going to perform the wedding called last night and said he had a scheduling conflict and asked if I could do it. It was fun to get to know this couple and I look forward to sharing in this special day at a simple ceremony in their home next month. I also got a couple of new clients today – one buyer and one seller.
Things have slowed down a little the last few days and I was praying about getting some more business, so that was a great answer to prayer. I have two more closings scheduled this month and the next one will put me into the next commission percentage bracket. Praise God for that!
I’m continuing to read “God’s Politics” and am enjoying it very much. I hope to post some quotes from it in the next couple of days.
I’m looking forward to having a day off tomorrow and especially to eager to worship with the church that meets in our home. God sure is blessing me with a very good life.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Stetlers said...

What good news to start my day, Kevin Grimm is following Jesus!
Praying for you and your family. Thanks for encouraging Eric so much lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home