Sunday, July 02, 2006

Update 4

Virginia is progressing well and will be released from the hospital tomorrow morning! She is very independent and has kept a great attitude throughout the last few days.

Last night our family joined the Schempfs (from BG) to attend a concert of the Pittsburgh New Music Group at City Theater. Kevin is a running partner of mine who has been playing clarinet in this talented group for the last 4 years. It was really cool to enter that part of his world and see firsthand what he is pouring his life into for six weeks this summer. The members of the group have exceptional gifts and talents, and it was nice to attend the same performance as his family.

Yesterday afternoon I took Seth & Shani to the Carnegie Science Center. We explored a WWII era submarine, participated in several activities, watched an IMax movie about lions in the Kalahari Desert, and simply had a great time being together. It is located next to Heinz Field (home of the Steelers), so of course I had to get a picture of Seth & Shani there that for some reason I can't upload today. The regatta is taking place this weekend so we also watched some boat races and saw a Stealth bomber fly overhead.

We made it back to the hotel in time for a quick dip in the pool before grabbing some dinner and heading to the concert. We ate at a brand new restaurant (this was their first day of business) and their Philly Cheesesteaks were awesome. It was fun to talk to the Greek owners - a father and his two daughters.

Kevin and I went for a nice run this morning and, as is our custom, spent some time in simple yet powerful prayer together. He is very insightful and prayed for the fire of leadership to burn hot in me. I appreciate that very much because it has been easy to go through my days lately without thinking about God's purpose for me in intentionally advancing His kingdom. I don't want to get so preoccupied with the ordinary needs of everyday life that a passion for seeing lives changed gets lost in the mix. Thanks, Kevin, for a great prayer.

And thanks to all of you who have been interceding for our family. I am confident that God has been doing a lot of things in our lives this week that are deeper than we yet realize. I like who He is making us as a family and who I am becoming as a more attentive father!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home