Friday, July 28, 2006

End of a good week

It's been a very encouraging week. Here are some highlights of the last few days...
The gathering of the church that meets at our house was rich and the fervency of our prayers and worship was deep. It was good to have some guests from the church I spoke at last weekend in Bradner, and especially my parents. The church made Shani's B-day very special.
Two of my co-workers were talking about the "quick success" I've had in real estate. One asked, incredulously, "What's his secret?!" The other replied, "I'll tell you exactly what it is: It's the Lord!" Hallelujah for his insight and giving credit where it is due!!!
Two closings today.
An email from a client who affirmed that God is continuing to minister to others through my life.
Shooting BB guns and a .22 with Seth this week.
Watching Shani enjoy her new birthday outfits - all of them, every day!
Playing cards with Kim and my parents.
The fresh power of God's Word. I was reading Mark 6 tonight, where Jesus sent out the disciples in pairs with explicit instructions. Curiously, he told them not to take anything on the journey with them - even good, necessary things like bread and money. I think he wanted them to learn the same lesson He's been teaching us for the last 11 months: radical dependence on God.
I look forward to our PowerHouse gathering tomorrow night and to speaking at King of Glory Lutheran Church in Sylvania on Sunday.
Today's N-Cite: I'm grateful for God putting us in a place where we've had to rely totally on Him. I'm getting much more comfortable with experiencing the truth that He really is more than enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home