Friday, September 08, 2006

A few updates

Since my last post we celebrated Seth's 8th birthday, started the adventure of home schooling, went to Cleveland to see friends and watch the Falcons play Wisconsin, spent an unforgettable Sunday at Family Baptist Church in Toledo, had some awesome worship experiences with the church that meets at our house, and "gave birth" to our first "baby church" that started meeting this week. I've been blessed to see God work in a couple of counseling situations, I had one closing and picked up a new listing, too.

My brother Steve started teaching a course at MidAmerica Nazarene University, my brother Eddie and his family picked out a house in SC, and my dad had a stress test. He will be having a heart cath on Sept 18, and we would really appreciate your prayers. He feels great and is in very good shape so we are full of faith and anticipate a great report.

We are looking forward to a good weekend. Eddie is flying to BG today so I can take him out to lunch and tonight we are going to spend some time at the Black Swamp Arts Festival. I have the privilege of speaking at the game-day chapel with the Falcons tomorrow morning, and we will spend the day Sunday in Columbus to celebrate Eddie's last day as the pastor at Shepherd Nazarene.

Spiritually, I feel pretty good. Of course, I could be much more disciplined in reading the Word and praying. All in all, I am enjoying the pace of life these days.

2 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Praying for your dad!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Thanks, Jennifer! I'm confident that he is going to get a good report.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home