Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Life is Good

A lot has been happening since I last posted...
We celebrated Shani's 6th birthday. My little girl is growing up!
Kim is getting ready for school. This will be our second year to home school and I never cease to be amazed at the gift Kim is to all of us.
We recently enjoyed hosting the year-end party for Seth's baseball team. It was a great season and we loved getting to the parents of Seth's teammates.
My parents came for a few days and we had a great time visiting. I am very grateful to have awesome parents who taught by example how to live with godly values and a great work ethic.
I'm spending more time with the Falcons this season and loving it. I will be blessed to speak at all of the game day chapels this season and I'm really looking forward to it.
We've had a lot of great times with friends this summer - our church, Dilbones, Harrises, spending a day at Cedar Point with BGSU coaches and their families, partying with my colleagues at work.
Ministry opportunites are happening every day. It is a beautiful thing to live out the gospel and simply abide in Jesus, wait for Him to open doors and walk through them.
The real estate ministry is very rewarding. God continues to teach me how to live a life of faith (commission sales is a great place to be to learn faith - and patience!) and His favor is evident. He truly is Jehovah Jireh, our Provider.
I continue to preach most Sundays. If anyone is interested, here is where I will be the next few weeks:
Aug 19 - St. Mark's Lutheran, 11:00
Aug 26 - St. John's Episcopal, 10:00
Sept 9 & 16 - Rudolph Christian Church 10:30
Looking ahead to September, Seth will be 9 years old on September 1. He is going to play flag football, Shani is interested in dance lessons, Kim will be busy teaching, and we are going to continue to embrace simplicity as we pursue greater intimacy with Jesus and each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home