Monday, April 30, 2007

Great Weekend

The weekend was awesome. The weather was perfect & the pace of life was refreshingly slower. Friday night was spent with friends. Saturday the church did what the church should and pitched in to help a family with some construction at their home as they prepare for the arrival of twins. We got a lot accomplished in a short period of time and really enjoyed each other's company. Seth's first baseball scrimmage was Saturday afternoon, and then I showed some houses. I'm pretty sure one of those showings will result in a closing in May. :)
Sunday morning at Dayspring was amazing. I haven't experienced that kind of worship since being at a black church in Toledo. It was one of those Sundays when no one wants to leave, and God spoke powerfully to His people. What a privilege to be there.
The rest of the day was spent at home, enjoying the family, our neighbors, and the sunshine. We played baseball with some neighbor boys, went for a walk, sat and talked, I got re-acquainted with my hammock, and we built a fire and had hot dogs and smores with neighbors to end the day.
I really like what God is doing in our lives these days.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are an heir according to the promise!
cj

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so nice to have you at Dayspring, we enjoyed hearing you once again. Happy Birthday and I am thankful I found you blog today. Sharond

 

Post a Comment

<< Home