Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Delight

We had a terrific weekend. A group of our friends went to Toledo Sunday afternoon to see three transitional houses operated by Urbane Knights, a faith-based, non-profit agency that is meeting significant needs of people Jesus described as "the least of these." Maggie's House can serve up to 16 women and there are two houses for men that can serve 14 men each. These special men and women have recently been released from incarceration and are now starting over - finding jobs, reuniting with families - and their lives are being changed. I don't know what all God has in mind, but we are pretty confident that this is the beginning of what is going to be a very powerful relationship. Please pray for Bernard Williams as he leads this exciting ministry. It was a delight to hear his passion and see the impact he is making.

Sunday evening Kim and I went to MI to spend time with R&C, our Aquila & Priscilla. It was refreshing and challenging and we thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. Most importantly, we experienced God together. It was a delight and I'm excited about what we are learning.

I'm praising God for a closing on Monday morning!!! It even included a bonus, which comes at a very good time! After the closing, we packed up the van and headed to Kalahari for the day. We took advantage of a special rate for home schoolers and had a wonderful time. If you ever get a chance to go, we recommend it. It was very nice to spend time with the Longs today - devoted followers of Christ who are excellent home-schoolers.

We arrived home to the beauty of freshly fallen snow in The Woods, and our kind neighbor had shoveled our driveway. I eagerly changed clothes, fired up the snow blower, and passed on the kindness we had been shown to several other neighbors. It was a delight to be able to share the love of God with our friends here.

Along with a few other men, I'm reading 1 Kings this week. Like all of life, there were good and bad kings over Israel & Judah. God knew the Israelites were better off without a king, but they wanted to be like the other nations and He did what they asked. He gave them Saul, then David, then Solomon and then a series of other leaders - most of whom were pretty bad. As I was thinking and praying this afternoon, I was challenged NOT to ask God for what I think is best. I don't know what is best. He does. So, instead, I asked God to do with my life whatever will bring Him the most delight. I'm confident He will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home