Sunday, July 22, 2007

Anniversary, etc.

There is so much going on it's hard to know where to start, so I'm just going to throw out some random thoughts...
Last weekend we spent a couple of days at Devil's Lake in MI. It was a trip I won at work and we had a great time. The reason we went last weekend is that Kim and I celebrated our 18th anniversary last Sunday. I often say that, apart from the gift of salvation, she is the greatest gift God has ever given me. I'm learning more and more about how to appropriately treasure such a wonderful gift!
Seth finished baseball season this week. The best thing about playing in the tournaments was the time we got to spend with other parents. We are very grateful that our children have playmates whose families share our values.
Shani is growing up fast and enjoying all the time she can spend with Macee. Their friendship is pretty cool to watch.
We've been having the Falcon football team to our house this summer (in four groups). Tonight Tony fixed an Italian feast for the seniors and we had a very nice time. It looks like I'm going to be doing more with the team this year and I'm looking forward to it. Of course, that means I'll need to say "no" to a few other things, which will be an important thing for Kim and me to discern together.
This is going to be a fun week as far as real estate goes. There are a lot of good things happening and it sure is nice to see how God is providing for our needs. As He has promised, we are on our way to eliminating debt. And we are so thankful.
I've enjoyed riding the motorcycle the last couple of days. The weather has been perfect and it looks like we're going to have another beautiful week.
The one thing I've neglected this week is that I haven't run much. I signed up for another race in August and need to be more disciplined if I'm going to be ready for it.
I have many reasons to be grateful, especially for God's grace and how he reveals Himself through dear friends like R&C, C&S, and the fellowship of the church.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Hey, I grew up up not too far away from Devil's Lake and so our Youth Group would go out to the Drive In a few times each summer!u

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Jim "E" said...

Happy Belated Anniversary...Scott I know that you are an investor in many lives and I want to thank you for that.. How great it is to be able to invest in the lifes of the football team.. be blessed as i know you are being a a blessing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home