Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Good days

Random thoughts...
I had a great time at Weston Sonlight Assembly of God on Sunday. Every time I am there God ministers to me in a unique way. I'm really grateful for the opportunity to serve there.

The Pittsburgh Steelers, my favorite team, really stink this year. With Sunday's embarrassing loss, they're out of the playoff picture.

I had special breakfast meetings Monday and today with a couple of men. One has a position of significant influence and I'm eager to build a relationship with him and see him come to know Jesus. The other guy's life was transformed by Jesus (and continues to be) about a year and half ago, and it is a lot of fun to see him growing.

My mom called tonight and it was good to talk with her. I'm getting excited about the family being together for Christmas in MO.

The last two days have been great. I got up early, started the day with a nice run, and spent time reading the Bible and praying with Kim before going to work. This is something we should have been doing our whole lives and we're committed to making sure this routine continues.

I'll be teaching art at the JH tomorrow, phys ed at an elementary school on Thursday (I hope to have lunch with Danielle again), and history at the high school on Friday. Thank God for work!

Yesterday I met with a new client who has an amazing testimony. We shared scriptures, prayed and "had church" at our Perrysburg office. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for us in the future and plan to show him a couple of properties tomorrow after school. He is the director of a non-profit ministry in Toledo that reaches out to people who have recently been released from incarceration, and I'm sure I'll write more about him later.

Tonight I got to hear my friend Jesse play s in a string quartet at BGSU and it was awesome. Beautiful music.

These are good days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home