Sunday, January 22, 2006

Confirmation

I went to Troy, OH this morning and worshiped with several people who are involved in the organic/simple/house church movement. It's good to know I'm not a freak! We shared a great breakfast (everyone brought something) and enjoyed getting to know each other. The purpose was encouragement and as we discussed what the Spirit is saying to the Church a few things became very clear. God confirmed in a huge way that we truly are hearing from Him. We all believe God is preparing His end times army, it is essential that our lives be pure, we cannot function as God intended without abiding in Christ and living in the power of the Holy Spirit, and spiritual disciplines (particularly fasting) are necessary to increase our intimacy with God and our capacity to discern His voice. I'm already looking forward to our gathering next month.

The fellowship I thought I would miss with other brothers in my former denomination has not been lost. God continues to keep those doors open and is also opening many new doors. How good it is when we live together in unity (Psalm 133)!

On the way home I enjoyed talking with some friends and celebrate the birth of two new house churches this week, one in BG and one in Ney, OH. Small beginnings. Powerful experiences. Shared ideals. Growing passion. Embracing simplicity. What a great way to live.

I look forward to talking with my parents, watching the Steelers and meeting with Cub Scouts later today. And I look forward to taking the real estate finance course this week. I spent some time last night studying for the exam and am growing more confident about taking the test to be licensed.

Today’s N-Cite: The Church is bigger and smaller than I have previously understood it to be. Many are “in” that I may have thought were “out,” and many who appear to be “in” may not be after all. I’m glad God is the One responsible for sorting everything out – and it’s good to know that He is doing so with mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home