Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Law

It was another long day in class (8am-5:30pm). Today’s subject was Real Estate Law and I loved it. When I was about 12 or 13 I really wanted to be an attorney, so I’ve been interested in law for a long time.
One thing we covered today was “36 Ways to Lose Your Real Estate License.” I wonder what Paul Simon could do with that one!
As we discussed the violations of law and ethics that could jeopardize one’s real estate license, I was once again reminded of the power and simplicity of the original Law of God. Don’t steal. Don’t lie. Don’t covet. These standards are not only good for business and job security, they’re good for life and every single level of relationships. I’m grateful that in Christ, all the requirements of the Law have been met for me.
As I develop a business philosophy, I think it’s going to be pretty simple. I hope to model what was always most important to me when I needed to hire staff by demonstrating integrity (character), being a self starter (working hard without needing external motivation), and maintaining a teachable spirit.

Today’s N-Cite: In An Unstoppable Force, Erwin McManus writes that the 10 Commandments provide the basic rules for what it means to live as a decent human being. (That’s a loose paraphrase) Yet, without Christ, fulfilling these important laws are impossible. The only way the Law can be fulfilled is if Jesus does it for me – and He already has!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home