Tuesday, January 03, 2006

More Fiber

Good news today about Seth. It seems that he just needs more fiber in his diet. Say goodbye to all the candy and junkfood and hello to some bran! It is a relief to know that he is going to be fine.
One of the blessings today was receiving calls from Sam, Deb, and Sara (and from my parents last night). They were asking about Seth and letting me know they were praying for him. I don't know what people do without friends and family who know how to pray for them!
I had a great time talking with a couple of new Christians today. Mike and I met for our regular breakfast at Kermit's and shared how thankful we are for God's blessing in our lives. He stepped into a new life in Christ last Spring and it's been fun to see how God has been his rock through a very tough time.
I was privileged to have lunch with my family at McDonald's - a special treat. Seth did not want to go to school today and Kim (wise woman that she is) bribed him by telling him that we would go to McDonald's before his doctor's appointment. It worked! If only they could put more fiber in chicken nuggets!
I was greatly encouraged to hang out with Greg, the guy who does the web site for PowerHouse, this afternoon. We prayed and had a great discussion about Acts 6-10. There is a lot of stuff there about visions and we are both eager for God to speak to us in any way He chooses, including visions. We were impressed with the radical change in Saul, and the testimony of Stephen, the first Christian martyr. It sure is cool to see God's Word come to life like it did for us today.
This afternoon I picked up Zakiya, an international student from Uzbekistan who is staying with us for a couple of days. She is a special girl who arrived at our house at about 12:30 am this morning, and I took her to campus for orientation this morning. She is here to study Business Administration and we look forward to getting to know her better and hope to be her family while she is here. Her English is excellent and I can tell we are going to have a great time.
One of the things I love about BG is the opportunity to get to know people from all over the world and for our children to be exposed to such rich diversity. We look forward to sharing God's love with Zakiya and to learning about life in Uzbekistan - a place where they eat horse meat. I wonder how much fiber is in that!

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Um, I saw you and said I was praying! And yes, I'm kidding with this bid for attention. I was so glad to hear Seth will be right as rain soon.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Thanks, Danielle! Didn't mean to leave you out!
Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home