Monday, January 09, 2006

Education

I spent all day today in a Real Estate Principles and Practices course. The teachers were very good, but it was a tremendous amount of information to absorb – kind of like drinking water from a fire hydrant.
We were told that much of what will be on the state test will not be useful in the everyday business of a real estate career. I really appreciate the instructors’ honesty!
It made me think. It seems like this is a widespread problem with education in many fields. Classes often prepare people for a world that doesn’t exist.
I’m thankful that all of God’s lessons in this classroom of life are taught by a Teacher who is imminently practical. His lessons not only equip us for daily life, but also prepare us for eternity.

Today’s N-Cite: I am challenged to make sure that what I am teaching my children and other Christ followers doesn’t get bogged down in meaningless minutia, but is truly helpful. (Paul was concerned about this and addresses the issue with both Timothy and Titus.) I thank God for people whose teaching has done the same for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home