Friday, January 13, 2006

Special Agent Estep

It’s been a great week. Our house church met Thursday and it was awesome. We missed T&B and prayed for them, and it was great for B&B to join us again after missing a couple of weeks.

We had soup/salad, great conversation, heart-felt prayer, and a deep discussion about the body and blood of Christ. Lisa read 1 Corinthians 11 and her young daughter read a section of Isaiah 53. I love how the children are full participants! When we shared the bread and juice, it was a holy time, and much grace was experienced by all of us.

I’ve enjoyed the real estate classes, especially the law classes. (I’m officially at the halfway point in the classes now!) We learned that real estate agents are agents of the broker, and therefore sub-agents of the client. When I am licensed, I will be an agent who represents my broker, and whatever I do will impact how others view him.

That made me think a lot about Paul’s words in 2 Corinthians 5:20, which say that we are Christ’s ambassadors. We are His representatives, given His authority to usher in His kingdom to our part of this planet.

I also learned that there are three levels of authority associated with being an agent. Real estate salespersons are special agents, which means they are given authority to carry out specific transactions. The class enjoyed it when I said my son would be happy to know that his daddy was going to be a special agent!

I like the idea of being God’s special agent, authorized to carry out specific actions that will result in Jesus’ name being exalted. That's a pretty cool identity!

Today’s N-Cite: All Christ-followers are His ambassadors, yet I doubt that most of us realize how much authority we really have. As a special agent/ambassador, what specific actions has God authorized you to carry out in His name?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home